When it comes to decide what to do with their annual vacation time, most people choose to go on traditional vacations and spend their time in resorts that will cater to their every whim.
But, there is an ever-growing group of people who have decided to forgo regular resorts like Club Med and Sandals, and go to fitness resorts.
These people are becoming the new trendsetters – but you may not know why so many people are choosing fitness resorts over a regular vacation resort. After all, fitness resorts are a relatively new concept and you may not be familiar with what makes them a better vacation destination than the more well-known vacation hot spots.
Before we explain why a fitness resort is better than a traditional vacation, we should probably talk about what a fitness resort is, since you may not have heard of them before.
A fitness resort is a luxury resort with all the accommodations that you would expect of any other high-end vacation spot. But their entire focus is on helping you lose weight, get into shape and help you feel better about yourself.
At a fitness resort, trained professionals will work with you to help you become a healthier person with a better-looking body. Then, they’ll try to help you develop new lifestyle habits that can help you stay in shape for years to come.
Let’s talk about exactly why people are choosing them over regular resorts.
• When you come back from a regular resort you’ll probably feel tired and worn out. How many times have you heard people say they need a vacation after their vacation? Traditional resorts encourage you to be lethargic, which lowers your metabolism and your ability to focus. So, when you come home you are exhausted and will find it hard to concentrate at work and get stuff done. It can take a week or more to get your metabolism up to a normal level and feel like your old self. Fitness resorts, on the other hand, help you boost your metabolism and gain focus so that you actually feel better when you get back home. You really feel like you’ve gotten a break from your daily grind and you’ll have lots more energy.
• Regular resorts are incredibly unhealthy. You are given all you can eat from buffets filled with fatty, unhealthy food. You’ll probably gorge yourself and pig out. They’ll also give you all the booze you can drink, which depletes the vitamins in your body and slows you down. This will not only cause you to gain weight but make you feel bad, because your body isn’t used to tons of unhealthy food and booze. Fitness resorts are just as all-inclusive but they provide you with food that has been created by dieticians to be healthy for you. The food will be just as tasty – in fact, many fitness resorts have been compared to five-star restaurants, but they will also help you get the nutrition you need and keep you from gaining weight.
• At a regular resort, you are encouraged to be lazy. When not overeating and binge drinking, you’ll be sitting out by the pool or on the beach. You won’t be doing much of anything. Combine that with the extra calories you are taking in, and you’ll gain a lot of weight and become sluggish. When you are at a fitness resort you are encouraged to remain active for much of the day. Sure, you’ll have plenty of time to rest on the beach, but that will be after you’ve gotten a fun workout out in.
• When you get home from the regular resort, you won’t look your best. In fact, you’ll probably feel a little bad about yourself because people will notice that you gained weight and are sluggish. This can hurt your self-esteem. When you come back from a fitness resort everyone will start telling you how great you look, which will make you feel better about yourself and your self-esteem will soar.
• It’s hard to make real friends at a traditional resort. Everyone is just there to party. At a fitness resort, people are all there for one reason and one reason only – to get in shape. So, you’ll be working together to meet your goals. This makes it far easier to make new friends who will stay by your side for a lifetime!
• Fitness resorts are better for your mental health. When you are at a fitness resort you’ll meet with a psychologist who will talk to you about your relationship with your body. They’ll help you realize what bad habits may have caused you to get out of shape. Then, they’ll show you how to create new habits and get your subconscious to work with you so that you’ll stay in shape. They’ll also help you feel better about yourself and gain insights into your life. When you are at a regular resort, you won’t have anyone helping you; you’ll just be another customer.
• You’ll actually have more fun at a fitness resort then at a regular resort. All of the activities are designed to make it as much of a positive experience as possible so that you’ll want to make healthy living a part of your life for years to come. When you are at a regular resort you’ll probably have a good time for a couple days, but then get into a routine and not have as many opportunities to really enjoy yourself.
• When you come back from either resort, you might need a new wardrobe. But, when you come back from a regular resort you’ll probably have to buy clothes that are larger than before you left. When you come back from a fitness resort you’ll have to buy clothes that are smaller. Which do you think you’d rather do?
These are just a few reasons why fitness resorts are a much better option than regular resorts when it comes time to take your next vacation. You’ll have fun, get into shape and feel better than you have in years. What’s not to like?